All-Inclusive Guide for Windstream Email Login
- 1 How to Sign Up for Windstream Mail?
- 2 How to Sign into a Windstream Email Account on the Web?
- 3 How to Setup Windstream Email Account on Android | iPhone?
- 3.1 Steps to Setup Windstream Email Account on Android
- 3.2 Steps to Setup Windstream Email Account on iPhone
- 6.1 Solution 1: Check to Connect your Device with Proper Network Connection
- 6.2 Solution 2: Check Windstream Email Server
- 6.3 Solution 3: Update your Web browser
- 6.4 Solution 4: Enter Correct Login Credentials
- 6.4.1 Recover Windstream Email ID
- 6.4.2 Reset Windstream Email Password
- 6.4.3 Change Your Windstream Email Password
- 6.5 Solution 5: Configure Windstream Email with Correct Email Server Settings
- 6.6 Solution 6: Ultimate Fix
- Are you looking for a quick Windstream email sign up or login procedure?
- Have you forgotten your Windstream email password or username?
- Do you suspect that your Windstream email account has been compromised?
If your answer to all or any of these questions is Yes then, go through this quick guide that we have compiled for you and learn how to sign up on Windstream to access Windstream email login, how to reset /change the forgotten password, and other things.
With that said, let’s get started—
Windstream Communications is one of the world’s largest providers of telephone and Internet. Above all, it is an efficient email providing service that has advanced features by introducing “Go Kinetic.”
|Go Kinetic—helps in account management. You’ll enjoy the freedom and ability to access, update and manage your account online – anytime, anywhere right at your fingertips.|
Though, in the United States, the rural community is known to use its email services the most, because Windstream Mail continues to update; it has become famous all over the world for providing amazing Windstream email login service.
Hence, like millions of people use Windstream Mail service in today’s date; if you’re also fascinated enough to have an account on the same then, let’s first have all your attention here on the sign-up instructions of creating an email account on Windstream Webmail platform—
How to Sign Up for Windstream Mail?
- Step 1: In order to create your Windstream email login account, first open a Web Browser of your choice.
- Step 2: Using that web browser, go to this “my.windstream.com” link. This is the official link of the Windstream website.
[Note: This entitled link above, will take you to the official page of the Windstream site that will perhaps help you sign up for an account, so you can easily login henceforth.]
- Step 3: Once you reach onto the same, click on the ‘My Account’ option located there.
- Step 4: In doing so, you’ll be taken to the next page and there, click on ‘View or Pay My Bill.’
- Step 5: Then, you’ve to click on the ‘Register for Access’ option which is there on the left of the screen.
- Step 6: After doing so, you need to provide your following details—
- Account Number
- Billing Zip Code
- Pin Code
[Note: This information can be found on your bill easily.]
- Step 7: Once you’re done providing your aforementioned details, click on the ‘Validate’ button.
- Step 8: Following that, you need to next provide your ‘User Information.’
- Step 9: Upon providing the same, move on to fill in the ‘Sign-in Information’ i.e., feed in your ‘User ID and the Password’ that you later use to login successfully to your Windstream account.
- Step 10: Now, based on your preference, what you’ve to do is select any two of the ‘Security Questions’ from the available list and then, also provide the ‘Answers to the selected security questions.’
[Point to Consider: When you select and answer the security questions, you must make a note of them. This is because it will be helpful for you in case you lose your username or password at any given point of time in the future. To be precise, for successfully recovering your information; you may be asked to provide the same answers for your 2 selected security questions which you had entered during the Windstream bill pay login account registration.]
- Step 11: As you finish doing so, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Now, when the registration is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation email on your registered email address. Once you receive the confirmation email, click on the link given inside it. In doing so, your Windstream account creation will be confirmed.
[Point to Consider: If you fail to receive a confirmation email, make sure to check the junk and spam folders for the same. Also, the link you receive in the confirmation email can only be clicked once and after that, it will become invalid.]
Once confirmed, you can perform the below-given sign in process to simply access your newly registered Windstream email account.
How to Sign into a Windstream Email Account on the Web?
Windstream has a separate login portal that not only helps you login to your Windstream email account to lets you easily stay connected to people but also to regularly keep you updated with all the site’s related information and necessary data.
Having read this, if you’re thinking like how I log into my Windstream Email to enjoy these benefits then, here are the instructions on getting signed in to your Windstream email account—
- Step 1: For login to your Windstream email account, go to Windstream Official Website using the web browser of your choice.
- Step 2: Then, click on the ‘Sign In’ link located at the top of the screen to redirect yourself onto the Windstream.net email login page.
Or else, you can also directly go to Windstream.net email login page via this link.
- Step 3: Now, enter your Windstream email account’s ‘Email ID’ and ‘Password’ in their respective text-boxes.
- Step 4: Once you’ve done that, hit the ‘Sign In’ button to reach onto the Inbox page of your Windstream email account for accessing all its impressive emailing features.
Now that you have learned how to sign in to your Windstream email account on the web, let us tell you that setting up your Windstream email on the email application of your mobile phone is also not a difficult thing to do!
How to Setup Windstream Email Account on Android | iPhone?
If you want to set up your Windstream account using an email application on your smartphone then, apart from your login credentials what else you need to use is ‘Windstream email configuration settings.’
So, these are the ‘Windstream IMAP/POP and SMTP server settings’ that are required for login on email application or email client of a smartphone—
IMAP (Incoming) Server Settings
- Server- imap.windstream.net
- Port- 993 for SSL otherwise use port 143.
- Username- Your Windstream.net email address.
POP (Incoming) Server Settings
- Server- pop.windstream.net
- Port- 995 for SSL otherwise use port 110.
- Username- your Windstream.net email address.
SMTP (Outgoing) Server Settings
- Server- smtp.windstream.net
- Port- 465 for SSL otherwise use port 587.
- Username- your Windstream.net email address.
Now, simply select your respective device from the list below for its detailed set of instructions—
Steps to Setup Windstream Email Account on Android
- Step 1: Go to ‘Settings app’ on your Android.
- Step 2: Then, tap on ‘Accounts.’
- Step 3: Next, tap on ‘Add account’ and then, on ‘Email.’
- Step 4: After this, fill in the ‘Email address and Password’ fields with your Windstream account’s email address and password.
- Step 5: Now, fill in the Windstream email server settings in the desired ‘Incoming and Outgoing server’ section after selecting ‘IMAP or POP’ as the account-type.
- Step 6: Once done, tap on the ‘Sign in’ button.
Steps to Setup Windstream Email Account on iPhone
- Step 1: Open ‘Settings’ of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Then, depending on your iOS version, select—
- iOS 11 (latest): Accounts & Passwords option.
- iOS 10: Mail option.
- iOS 9 and earlier: Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Step 3: After this, tap on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Step 4: In continuation, select ‘Other’ as your email provider.
- Step 5: Following that, tap on the ‘Add Mail Account’ option.
- Step 6: Next, provide your ‘Name, Email address and Password’ details in the respective text-fields.
- Step 7: In continuation, enter the Windstream email server settings in both ‘Incoming and Outgoing server’ sections but before that select ‘IMAP or POP’ as your account’s server type.
- Step 8: Once you’ve done that, tap on ‘Next’ followed by ‘Done’ button.
[Note: For setting up on other email clients like Windows Mail, Apple Mail, Outlook, and so on, you can visit this https://business.windstream.com/support/my-account/email-101/setting-up-my-windstream-email-account link for their in-depth instructions.]
Windstream Email Login Issues
Due to login issues, a user fails to perform the normal login and like any other email service, yes, Windstream is not an exception!
Windstream though gives you a convenient and easy way to experience the amazing email login service, but sometimes it happens that you may face some login issues while accessing your email account.
So, while using Windstream services if you ever encounter Windstream login issues then, these below-mentioned are the instant solutions for resolving Windstream login email issues—
Common Factors for Occurrence of Windstream Email Login Issue
If you need to fix the login issue you’re experiencing while logging in to your Windstream email account then, you have to first identify the cause because only after that, you’ll be able to troubleshoot the login glitch in a better way!
So, have a look at the list of probable causes—
- Slow or No Internet Network.
- Entering Incorrect Login Credentials (username and password).
- Forgotten Windstream Login Password.
- Improper Configuration or Installation of Windstream Email.
- Changes in Windstream Server Settings.
- Incompatible, Obsolete or Out-dated Web browser.
- Down Server of Windstream Email.
- Wrong or Case Sensitive Password.
- Hacked Email Account.
Now, in the subsequent section, we have mentioned solutions according to each of the above-listed factors due to which a user faces a problem with Windstream login.
Have a look—
Solutions to Common Factors leading to Windstream Email Login Issue
After knowing what all sorts of factors can give rise to Windstream email login issues, you can move ahead to try out the solutions accordingly!
Solution 1: Check to Connect your Device with Proper Network Connection
Firstly, you need to ensure that your computer or mobile device is well-connected to the Internet. If not, connect it to a proper internet connection and then, try signing in to your Windstream email account, again.
Solution 2: Check Windstream Email Server
If you’re facing Windstream login issues then, you should definitely check for server down problems on websites like Downdetector.in. If the website indicates a server down problem, wait for some time; it will resolve automatically once the server is back.
However, in case it is down only for you, contact your local administrator to help you fix the same.
Solution 3: Update your Web browser
If you’re using an outdated version of the browser for logging into the Windstream.net email account then, this can also cause Windstream login issues. So, to access your Windstream email account via Windstream.com login page, you need to use the updated version of the browser that you’re using.
To be precise, you should check for your browser’s update to make sure you update it for using its latest version to get logged in to your Windstream email account.
Solution 4: Enter Correct Login Credentials
As you know, login credentials play a pivotal role in the login process so, until you are entering the wrong set of your Windstream email address and password, you won’t be able to log in into your Windstream email account.
Therefore, if you’re not able to remember your email address or password, you need to recover your respective login credentials to successfully get access to your Windstream account.
Now, based on whether you’ve forgotten your email address or password, you can follow the below set of instructions—
Recover Windstream Email ID
- Step 1: Go to the Windstream Sign In page.
- Step 2: There, click on the ‘Forgot Username’ link.
- Step 3: This link will redirect you to the recovery page where you can recover your Windstream username/user ID via entering the following fields with your associated information—
- User Type
- Email address
- Account Number
- Billing Zip Code
- Step 4: Now, click on the green colored ‘Continue’ button and just follow the on-screen instructions to get your Windstream username back.
Reset Windstream Email Password
- Step 1: To reset password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the Windstream Sign In page.
- Step 2: As you do so, you will land on the Windstream Recovery page.
- Step 3: There, you simply have to ‘Answer the first and second Security Questions’ (related to your personal life) which you’ve selected when you were registering for the first time on a Windstream email.
- Step 4: After doing this, you’ll be given permission to create a new password. So, make sure that the new password you choose should be strong enough and something that you can remember for longer.
[Note: You can also read the Password guide for help while creating.]
- Step 5: Once done, go back to the Windstream login page and try to login again using your recovered email address or new password that you’ve just created.
[Note: At times, Windstream login issue may arise because your Windstream.net mail account is hacked by some unauthorized person/ intruders and for this case also, you can consider resetting your password using the same aforementioned instructions.]
Change Your Windstream Email Password
In addition to resetting your password, you can also consider changing your account password at regular intervals because it will help you secure your account from hackers. So, also have a look how you can change password for your Windstream email account—
- Step 1: To change your account password, first go to the official Windstream website.
- Step 2: There, click on ‘My Account & Support’ drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Next, you simply need to enter your current email address and password in the desired fields.
- Step 4: Upon entering the login credentials, you can click on ‘Change Usernames, Passwords & Email accounts.’
- Step 5: Now, enter the desired (new) password that you want to create and once done, just click on the ‘Change’ button.
Solution 5: Configure Windstream Email with Correct Email Server Settings
In case Windstream email is not properly configured or installed with correct email server settings that are required for login then, you are likely to face problems with Windstream login.
So, if you’ve configured your Windstream account on an email client of your smartphone or PC then, verify both the incoming and outgoing server settings and if they are not set as mentioned below, then you will need to change the settings manually and correct them.
Solution 6: Ultimate Fix
In case, if the above troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the encountered Windstream login issues, you can leave everything aside and try this approach—
- Step 1: Visit the ‘my.Windstream.com login page’ on your respective device.
- Step 2: There, you simply have to input your login credentials i.e., your Windstream email account’s ‘Username & Password’ in the desired text-fields.
- Step 3: Upon entering your details, hit the ‘Submit’ button to access the Windstream account.
- Step 4: Inside the same, click on the drop-down menu, to select the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Step 5: Now, enter a new ‘Email ID and Password’ and just click on the ‘Submit’ button.
As you do so, this will update your Windstream email account and most probably save you from encountering Windstream login issues, any further!
That’s all! We hope the guide will help you sign up on Windstream for Windstream email login. Besides this, if you find any difficulty while logging in or using the Windstream email services then, this guide will also help you to get rid of the Windstream email login issues.
However, still if you need any further help regarding Windstream email login then, you can contact Windstream’s Email Technical for immediate assistance.