No matter where you go, you are continuously surrounded by stories related to the corporate cyber security issues, scams of phishing, internet online fraud and many other remarkable negative incidents. Cyber crime has become a big issue nowadays, giving birth to the advantage of perfect cyber security activities. Whether it is a business, government matter, organization or private resident of a country, everyone wants their information safe and sound. Such an essential part of our lives(including sensitive and personal information, financial documents and our day-to-day work)is done via the internet. Cyber security architects in this case come as an essential part of the cyber security and great mind puzzle.
Roles as well as responsibilities of an architect in cyber security
* Admiring a complete understanding of the technology of an organization and information systems related to secured networking
* Making, identifying and designing the most possible advanced and tangible security architectures for all IT companies having bigger projects
* Carrying out vulnerable testing on the successfully designed and planned infrastructure, which includes risk management and security procedures
* Identifying the latest security trends, new secured systems of network as well as updated authentication algorithms along with the related protocols
* Explaining , innovating, putting to use and tolerating all required security policies in corporate sector as well as the policies to make sure that all the associated employees go by them
* Creating requirements for all the assets of IT field including path makers, colloquial, local area networks (or LANs), wide-area networks (or WANs), virtual private networks (or VPNs) and any other dedicated network devices
* Correction and approval of the installation of all colloquial, VPNs, path makers, servers and scanning technologies of IDS
* Handling cost estimates for all cyber security steps and identifying any potential or possible issues that might arise in security management
* Formulating crucial public infrastructures (PKIs), including digital signatures and certification authorities (CA)
* Assuring the last security structures of an organization to make sure they work as pre decided
* Assuring technical guidance and control for security teams
* Approving charge of any required awareness programs related to security and all the educational efforts for betterment in preparing the non-IT personnel
* Immediate response to any kind of incidents related to security such as data breaches, viruses or any kind of pretexting and phishing scams
* Providing a whole new level of analysis of the event once there is a strong position
* Updating and upgrading the security systems of a company or an organization to ensure safety and security
Requirements for being an architect in cyber security
* Idea of various oriented systems(OS) like Windows, UNIX, and Linux
* Understanding of ISO 27001/27002, ITIL, and COBIT frameworks
* A brief idea of secured area control such as colloquial, IDS/IPS, network access demands and network arrangement
* Architect planning with security development as its main objective as well as proper definition
* Work experience with the various fields of wireless servers or connections such as routers, boards and VLAN security
* Idea about concepts related to security DNS, including routing, identification, VPN, proxy systems and DDOS mitigation technology
* A brief idea of intervention of a third party debating and substantial assessment as well as analysis of cloud risk
This will help in earning various certifications as per the given subject by completing a course (or courses), completing all of the assignments as well as passing a certification exam. CISSP Certification is credential since it equips verified, quantity based proof that is possessed by having an appropriate knowledge in that particular subject.
Most companies, businesses and organizations search for a certification for this very cause. If they see the potential as well as certification, they give an assurance that there is a capability of managing the job ladder for which they are hiring staffs. This is the very reason why getting certification is such an important part of the training based on cyber security architecture.
Partial list of appropriate certifications:
* CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
* CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
* CISSP-ISSAP: Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
* CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
* CSSA: Certified SCADA Security ArchitectThese are some of the skills and advanced qualities that are required for becoming a good security architect as well as to get a secured job in a well organized and recognized company or organization.