IS ESCAPE THE ROOM KID-FRIENDLY?
When you all work together to find clues and solve puzzles in an escape room game, it can be a great way to spend time with your family. But every escape room is different in terms of its theme, level of difficulty, and the skills you need to finish it. A room’s suitability for kids can also be affected by how well it was made and how it was made. People often ask us if our escape rooms are good for kids or is it a good idea for kids birthday parties. Still, we think that parents or guardians should make that decision. Some games are better for families than others, depending on the content and how hard the puzzles are. If you ask us about each of our escape rooms, we’ll be happy to make a suggestion that fits your group’s needs.
Recommendation for the Youngest Age for Escape Rooms
Any escape room has a minimum age of 10 years, but some have a minimum age of 12 years. Nonetheless, it’s a great option for choosing kid-friendly activities.
- The kids must be old enough to understand how to play and follow the rules.
- They must be trusted not to touch props that shouldn’t be touched and to handle other props in the right way.
- They should be old enough to understand what’s going on and be able to take part. If they can’t figure out how to solve the puzzles together and the adults do all the work, they may get bored.
- There are also different stories and themes in each escape room. It’s important to choose an escape room for your child that is right for their age. You don’t want to put them in a scary situation that will give them bad dreams later.
Some Tips For Families
If you decide to do an escape room as a family with people of different ages, here are some tips to make the most of the experience.
- Be ready to tell the younger people on the team how you came to your conclusions. They won’t be able to figure out clues or hints as quickly, and they may feel left out.
- Find tasks that younger kids can do. Everyone on the team needs to do something, so try to find easier tasks for the kids.
- Get out of the way and don’t take charge! It’s easy for adults to forget about what children can do. Our game masters can see and hear everything as you play, and when the adults get stuck, they often find that the kids know the answer. Listen to each other and think about all the possibilities. Children see the world differently and have grown up in a technological world, so sometimes they know more than you do.
Most escape rooms have a minimum age requirement, but this is just a suggestion. For instance, not all 12-year-olds are ready for a harder adventure.
Is Escape Room Fun For Kids?
Kids can have a lot of fun by escaping the Room. In fact, kids are often very good at solving puzzles, completing tasks, and having unrestrained fun in escape rooms. Escape the Room is a great way to have fun, laugh, and solve problems quickly. Each game lasts about an hour and gives a group of people one puzzle, riddle, clue, or hint at a time to help them figure out how to get out of the Room before the hour is up. There are different rules for each Room and experience, but we can guarantee that you will have a great time trying to figure out how to get out of the Room, no matter if it is a beginner, intermediate, or advanced-level Room.
Here are three ways to pick the right escape room:
- How hard is it
Some escape rooms may be for kids ages 12 and up, but they are very hard. You should make sure that the escape room isn’t too hard for your child. If it is, they might get frustrated and give up. You will know best how well your child can help you solve the puzzles and get out of the Room.
- What you like
It’s best to pick an escape room that fits their interests. Your child is more likely to really enjoy themselves if the story is interesting. If your kid likes fairy tales a lot, Alice in Wonderland might be a good choice. If your child likes video games and board games, Jumanji might be a better choice. Grandma’s Master Plan might be good for them if they like funny stories and have a good sense of humour. But if you want to make it convenient, just search escape room near me , and experience the magic beforehand.
Who is going to take part in the adventure? As adults or older teens take charge, the adventure can get harder as more people join. If there are more kids than adults, or if there are a lot of kids but only one adult, a simpler adventure that the kids can really get into would be better.
In an escape room game, you will face many different challenges, such as problem-solving, leadership, communication, and the need to find quick solutions to problems that need to be solved within a certain amount of time. This is a great way for families to spend time together and enjoy something that can’t be done with a simple board game.